The holidays are quickly approaching, and we have been very busy creating all your favourite holiday desserts and sweets. This year we are featuring a chocolate hazelnut Buche de Noel that contains 3 different types of chocolate. We will also have gingerbread people, decorated cupcakes and sugar cookies, macaron gift boxes, gingerbread layer cake with cream cheese icing, all your favourite tarts, pies, and all of our usually cakes available. We recommend reserving you dessert ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
Our holiday orders will be as follows:
December 24th 2015: 9am - 4pm
December 25th 2015- Jan 4th 2016: CLOSED
January 5th 2016 - Regular hours resume
Thank you to all our customers for an amazing year- happy holidays to you all!
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Le Gateau Bake Shop is growing and is seeking an experienced baker for full-time employment.
Candidate Profile SummaryWe are looking for someone with passion for, and experience, creating high quality baked goods under time and space constraints with a commitment to consistency and detail work. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a team player that works hard and continually goes above and beyond the basic requirements that will improve the bakery, and can positively solve problems. This individual is expected to have great organization and time management skills. Reports directly to Head Baker.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Able to follow recipes to prepare mixes from scratch with little to no instruction (this is not a cake decorating position)– Ability to take and follow direction
– Team player work ethic
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
– A passion for baking
– Work closely with all staff to ensure products are produced and stored in a timely and efficient manner
– Responsible for proper storage, labeling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control
– Ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
– Responsible for daily and weekly cleaning tasks as per cleaning schedule
Credentials and Experience– Pastry Arts diploma or equivalent education favoured, but not required
– Minimum 1 years experience in a bakery setting required
– Experience with high volume production
– Able to stand for 8 hours
- Able to lift 25kg
How to ApplyAll qualified applicants are welcome to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants must submit an email containing cover letter, resume. While we graciously thank all individuals for applying, only successful applicants will be selected for an interview.